Saturday, November 26, 2011
i am so thankful for this life God has given me. I do not know who i would be without Him.
everyday i realize more & more, how blessed i truely am.
i am the volunteer cooridnator at a hospice place, i go & visit patients in nursing homes & assisted living homes & of course i get ppl to volunteer to come with me. going to visit patients, makes my heart joyful & it also breaks it. i take a look at my life, & i realize that i have it pretty good. i can walk, talk, eat, breathe, make decisions for myself, i have my memory, and most of all i have my Savior who will always love me no matter what. i am so thankful.
today, my momma asked me what i wanted for christmas, i honestly did not know what to say back. i thought about i through out the day & this came to my mind. why do i want anything for Christmas at all, when i already have everything i could ever need? there are so many others who have nothing and need things, why would i want to recieve more things i dont even need? i want to give & give to people who are in need. that is my heart, my passion. that is what i want for Christmas, to give.
Be Thankful for the life you have. You are rich & so blessed.
Give to someone this Christmas. Bless them & let them Bless you.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
"Frankly, you need to get over yourself..... Maybe life's pretty good for you right now. God has given you this good stuff so that you can show the world a person who enjoys blessings, but who is still totally obsessed with God.Or maybe life is tough right now, and everything feels like a struggle. God has allowed hard things in your life so you can show the world that your God is great & that knowing Him brings peace & joy, even when life is hard..... To be brutally honest, it doesn't matter what place you find yourself in right now. Your part is to bring Him glory..... The point of your life is to point to HIm, whatever you are doing God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His. It is His movie, His world, His gift."
Friday, September 9, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
"the other night, my momma & I were talking about things. mainly I was doing the talking and she was listening. I don't cry a lot, so when I do, you know something is up. I started crying about all kinds of different things, you know that "ugly cry"... Well it had hit me. Throughout all of my tears & talking about stuff, momma said "I just don't understand why you don't think you are good enough. it's like you lost so much confidence in yourself."
When I was in the first grade, I was told I had ADHD. They put me on medicine for it, but I refused to be tutored. Yes, I was stubborn. Sometimes I wouldn't even take the pills, which is a big reason why I'm not a big person on taking pills now. I was embarrassed and as a kid you wanna seem normal. So all throughout my elementary school days, I was the kid who'd day dreamed. My grades weren't the best.
As I went to junior high, I failed the 7th grade. I almost came close to going to a different school. I didn't want to face my classmates and get laughed at the next fall. I lost confidence in myself.
My parents told me I needed find something I was good at. I loved singing, and I was really good at it. So I sang in the choir at church & school, were in a few singing contests and placed. I finally started building my confidence back up.
As I went into high school, I was on the track team. Another thing I was great at, running. I loved track because when your running, it's just you. No worrying about someone not doing there part and it taught me how to depend on myself.
Not only did I do track, I was in pageants, made dance team & cheerleading. I loved every minute of all of it.
One thing I never did in high school, I didn't date. Never had a boyfriend. I never really thought I was pretty, nor did I think I was good enough to date a cute guy. So I kept to myself. I didn't wanna chance being embarrassed or broken hearted.
I didn't have boyfriends until college, and that's only been 3.
I just never have thought of myself "good enough" & i never thought i "needed" a boyfriend.Getting older has taught me things. I have been finding myself and figuring out what's best for me. some days though, I'm still that first grader or 7th grader, who lost all of her confidence because of what somebody said to me or reality hits me in the face. When it gets to that point in my day, I know God is there to pick me back up again. He gives me family & friends to love on me all the time.
"I promise you that He still cares. The pain ain't gonna last forever & things can only get better. This is gonna make you stronger"And He gives me reminders all the time.
"You are a beautiful, sweet, genuine girl and there is someone out there for you who deserves you and won't break your heart!"
Don't get this blog wrong... I'm not trying make you feel sad for me or anything. Just me writing and I want to encourage others, that whatever you're going through that God has so many plans for you and you are never alone in this life.
He looks at us and He loves us. No matter what. :)"
Thursday, May 5, 2011
The subtle difference between
Holding a hand and chaining a soul
And you learn that love doesn’t mean leaning
And company doesn’t always mean security.
And you begin to learn
That kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes ahead
With the grace of a woman
Not the grief of a child
And you learn
To build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow’s ground is
Too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way
Of falling down in mid flight
After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns if you get too much
So you plant your own garden
And decorate your own soul
Instead of waiting
For someone to bring you flowers
And you learn
That you really can endure
That you are really strong
And you really do have worth
And you learn and you learn
With every good bye you learn.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
tomorrow, well is another big day in the life of "Kerry Allen". i have a job interview. i am pretty excited, but also just a wee bit nervous. i will be singing & meeting with a committee for the job of a music director. i'm pumped about it, really i am. please pray that everything goes smoothly and that God's will be done.
well, i am kinda tired considering that i've been up since, oh, you know 5 am. geez la weez. i will share a few photos with you before i have a date with my pillow..... may you all have a blessed night and a very lovely weekend. :) Enjoy!
".....the old life is gone; a new life has begun!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
Friday, February 11, 2011
I was on my facebook and i found this note. It brought tears to my eyes, took me back to my high school days. The tragedy that happened Tuesday afternoon will never leave my heart. I can't imagine what those seniors saw and felt. The families who lost loved ones i can only pray for them and help them be strong. Our town, Ackerman is a strong one. When one falls, we come together to help pick them back up again. Please read this note below, i hope you enjoy it and would appreciate your prayers for my hometown, the families, and the seniors.Thank you & Hope you all have a Wonderful night!
Ackerman, MS - The things you don't know from the newsby Jen Cornett on Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 8:53pm
1. There are four parts to the town, and 0 traffic lights. The north side has gas stations, the grocery store, pharmacies, Bumpers, and a couple of churches. The west side has a factory, homes, and a couple of churches. The south side has the elementary school, the lake, and a couple of churches. The east side has the football field, the hospital, town hall, the county courhouse, main street, the high school, and a couple of churches. Ackerman is the home to Governors J.P. Coleman and Ray Mabus, and Ricky Woods, football coach extraordinaire. You can decide who we're most proud of.
2. The photo in the news of the white building with the blue doors and the black ribbons is "The White Building". The office is inside on the first floor. In 1994, the building burned, but it was restored. There is also an old auditorium building that has the oldest wooden chairs you've ever seen, and a cafeteria building. I'm guessing you can figure out what is there. They all surround a big grassy area where everyone congregates in the same spot every morning, every break, and every pep rally. Those blue doors that are in the picture face the practice field and the parking lot where we all met at our first vehicles to talk after school. I'm willing to bet students still meet there.
3. 54 seniors is (probably) the entire class. My class graduated about 60. Most of us had been together since kindgergarten. There is not a private school in the county, so almost everyone goes to the public school for thirteen years.
4. Those teachers did not just love and know those students. They went to church with them. They went to football games with them. The teachers and the students share something bigger than a classroom or a school. They share a community.
5. Today, law enforcement officers kept the media away from that campus. The town decided that their students needed a day to lean on each other and not deal with paparazzi. That community wraps its arms around each other fast, and they hold on tight. By tomorrow morning, this tragedy will begin to fade from the paper. There will be bigger, better news. However, the town and the high school will never be the same. Neither will any of the children that experienced it, or the people that love them both.
6. As an outsider, the only thing you can do is pray for them. People in small towns are wary of new comers, so no one will be interested in your advice or your opinion on the situation. Nothing anyone says or does will change what has happened. Please, pray for them anyway. As a community, they are the most faithful people I have ever known.
7. Ten years ago, I was getting ready to graduate and counting the days until I left. On graduation day, one of my favorite teachers said, "Look around, you will never all be together again." For once, I did what she said. I looked around before we marched onto the stage. Ten years later, we've lost three classmates. Although miles and time have seperated us, a small part of my heart was buried with them. For better or worse, we all survived high school together. We supported each other through winning seasons and lost championships. We lit fires in fields to hang out. We drove back roads too fast. We found trouble and we found faith. We celebrated the good and we survived the bad. If any of my classmates ever needed anything, I would be there. If they didn't know that already, they do now.
7. A few of the seniors will leave Ackerman in August and never come back. Some of them will leave, but come back once or twice a year to visit. Others will come back to settle down and raise a family. Their children will attend AHS. It does not matter how many miles the seniors put between themselves and the city limits, the roar of the football field, the sound of the late bell, or the altar of their church, Ackerman will always be a part of who they are. I hope it does not take them ten years and two tragedies to realize they will leave part of their heart behind.
I hope the students at AHS can feel the power of the prayers coming from anyone that ever walked the halls of those buildings. Apparently, you become a Bulldog, a Rebel, or even a Major, but you never stop being an Indian.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Please go to this link. A terrible tragedy happened yesterday for my hometown, Ackerman.
Please pray for the town as a whole, the families who lost loved ones, and the seniors who saw everything.
It will take some time to get over this.
2 Corinthians 1:3 and 4.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
last night, i was reading the story of Abraham. what an amazing story! he was just an ordinary man, didnt have any hope on having a family but God sure changed that. he became a father of many. "Father Abraham had many sons...." :) God called him to uproot his life, leave everything behind and go to a land he didnt know.
he went. he trusted in God. he believed God had a plan for his life. he knew God called him and that was enough.
why can't that ever be enough? honestly.
simply trust. Trust God & Go!
i'm living in my own apartment. learning more about myself. really focusing. loving my job. paying for my rent. applying to schools for the fall.
some people may say, i was dumb for not going ahead and starting massage therapy school. i do not think that. i have taken a year off from school to figure out things. many people have told me throughout this time, that once you stop going to school you wont go back. this is not true for me. i will go to a massage therapy school in the fall. i am looking at options, i know i dont want to stay around here. even though, i have enjoyed being at home, seeing my momma and daddy all the time, it really has been a blessing. i just know that there are bigger and better things for me else where. for my jones friends, i probably wont be coming back there either. ha i love all of you, thats just not me anymore. i will be going to a massage school in the fall and i would really love to be a youth minister or a music director in a church.
my calling is to love on others the way Christ did, to tell others about Christ, to reach people by singing, and to make people feel better whether they're really hurting or they've just had a bad day by massage therapy.
i"m enjoying having free time and really understanding what i need to do & why i need to.
ever since i was alittle girl, i've always got my hopes up way too high in people... this came to my mind today, you know that movie "he's just not that into you."? well i was thinking today of one of my favorite parts in that movie, its where Gigi & Alex are in the arguement at the end.
"I may dissect each little thing and put myself out there so
much but at least that means that I still care. Oh! You've think you won because
women are expendable to you. You may not get hurt or make an ass of yourself
that way but you don't fall in love that way either. You have not won. You're
alone. I may do a lot of stupid shit but I'm still a lot closer to love than you
i just love it, because she really stands up for herself for the first time and puts him in his place.
although i would like to say i'm not like Gigi, in a few ways i am. everyone wants to be loved. everyone just has to have patience, thats all. truely trust that one day your true love will come along.
yes, i know thses are very random. BUT it is my blog. haha
i hope you all have the best week! Good Night!! :)
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
yesterday, this sweet little kitty came up to the house. we named her prissy.
i took a walk this morning, to enjoy the snow. the air was cool, but the snow was beautiful on the ground. it is starting to melt slowly and i am sad to see it leave. i'm sure before winter is over, it will snow again.