Thursday, September 23, 2010

why?


Oh, why? That's what I keep askin'
And was there anything I could have said or done?
Oh, I had no clue you were masking
A troubled soul, oh, God only knows what went wrong
And why you'd leave the stage in the middle of a song
Now the oak trees are swayin' in the early autumn breeze
The golden sun is shining on my face
The tangled thoughts I hear a mockingbird sing
This old world really ain't that bad a place
Oh, why? There's no comprehending
And who am I to try to judge or explain?
Oh, but I do have one burning question
Who told you life wasn't worth the fight?
They were wrong, they lied, and now you're gone, and we cried
Cause it's not like you to walk away in the middle of a song


this song came to mind last week.
i heard that young guy, only 19 had committed suicide. only a few days of moving to starkville, a young boy, only in the 10th grade had also done the same.
i didnt really know the two young men, but some of my friends knew them. it brought me to tears. there are always so many questions you want to ask. why? why would they do this to themselves? what were they going through?
you really never know whats going on in people's lives, you just have to smile at them and love everyone. no matter what your day brings, keep a smile on your face. it just might turn someone's life around.
strive to be more like Christ everyday.
to anyone who has lost loved ones due to this, i am deeply sorry for that loss. i cant imagine the pain.

Psalm 34:18
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."

~Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment