Monday, March 29, 2010

nothing is impossible for You.

What is Podoconiosis (Podo)?

- A debilitating disease that causes extreme swelling, repeated ulcers, and deformity, especially in the legs.
- The disease is caused by walking or working barefoot in silica-heavy volcanic soil, a common practice in rural farming regions of developing countries.
-Podoconiosis is preventable by wearing durable shoes and simple foot hygiene. Podoconiosis can even be reversed by simple treatment and proper use of footwear.

today i gave my speech on TOMS shoes and talked about this disease. i also talked about "One Day Without Shoes", this is a day that TOMS came up with to walk barefoot for the day, half of the day, or even 2 minutes of your day. i was shocked at my classmates and even my teacher responses. some said "i'm not walking barefoot for a day if i'm goona get a disease" and my teacher said "what if you get a cut in your foot or something like that?" this was so crazy to me. i wish i could've had a recorder so they could listen back to themselves.
people don't realize what they have. they have shoes, water, shelter, and more than they need, and yet they still complain. even i'm guilty of that, but these people don't have a choice. they don't have shoes. "One Day Without Shoes" is just simply getting the word out and letting you experience what they experience everyday of their lives. you don't have to walk barefoot on this day, it is your choice. i love going barefoot, but i don't think i'll ever go without thinking about this again. i left my class with this quote "you must be the change you wish to see in the world". ~Mahatma Gandhi

wake up and realize that you can change this world. you can with His help.

"You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You
I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
Nothing is impossible for You" ~a few words from healer by kari jobe


i just leave you with this, don't be afraid to be different. you are special and you brighten my day everytime i see you.

have a gracious day!

~Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment