Tuesday, November 2, 2010

today.

today was a day of rememberance.
5 years ago today, my papaw passed away.
he was the best. he was always there for me.
he taught me how to fish, drove me to get my drivers permit,
& always around to listen to me.
him & mammaw never missed me singing at church nor in a show.
he use to always call me his #1 granddaugther.
i was the first granddaugther out of 3 grandsons.
my memory of that day is very clear.
i had been in class that morning,
my mom had signed me out for a reason that was
uncertain.
she met me on the sidewalk, to tell me the
news.
i fell onto the pavement and lost it.
that morning he walked to the mailbox. when he came back into the house,
he felt short of breath. he sat down in the first chair, then he moved
to his chair. just like that, he was gone. he left this world. his heart had fallen without notice.
as i grew up, i stayed over with them often.
waking up, i would always hear him say "good morning, sleeping beauty".
i miss that.
i miss his laugh.
i miss his jokes.
i miss him.
i know he is in a better place. he is so happy now.
i'm pretty sure that he fishes everyday. that man sure loved to fish. i wish i could still fish with him but i know i will again one of these days. as i spoke to my mammaw tonight on the phone, she brought me to tears. she reminded me of how much he loved & adored me. how he was so proud of me. so proud that i was his. his number 1 granddaugther.
i will always be his #1 Granddaugther. :)
i love you forever & always, papaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment